Two things of some import:
1) AIM remains a bitch, and will not allow me to log on. I suppose I should reboot the computer, but considering that I ... am way too lazy to, essentially, come talk to me here if you want to talk to me! Which should be all of you, obviously.
2) ... Abby, sweetheart, did you delete all your NML journals?Five things of no import at all:
1) My final papers are amusing me to no end. (Although not enough to actually make me want to write them.) One class has been all about existentialism, futility, Sartre, and relativism. One class has been about prescriptive morality. I'm writing my Latin American paper (for the first class) on what García Márquez is telling us to do, and my Shakespeare paper on how he's the earliest existentialist barring Ecclesiastes. Which I'm also referencing for my Latin American paper. Why am I even writing two papers? For serious.
2) Yay, Colin! for The Crane Wife. But we knew that.
3) Thanks to the awesomeness of pushingmetaphor
, the NML-script is progressing. I mean actually progressing. I can't overstress the squee I have at this. All the funny lines come from her, obviously. *g* We may have a draft of a pilot, sans all crazy ideas like say pacing, by the end of the week. Which is good, because that's when I go computer-incommunicado for five days. I can do that and my finals at the same time, right? ... Right?
4) And the Juilliard!Alden/John!Thomas AU at the same time too, right?
5) Oh crap.
Friendsmême: Oh, dakegra
. Dave and I met over the Fforum, many a year ago. (I'd like to point out that the Fforumites are the only LJers barring evil_overlords
who I knew pre-high-school.) The Fforum sense of humour -- bad puns, Britain über Alles (or at least über America), geekery -- helped make me the giant dork I am today, taught me about the Game
, and totally failed to make me understand Mornington Crescent. Dave himself has adorable kids and posts myriad interesting links, as well as creating/participating in hundredpics
, which is an exersize in posting 100 pics in 100 days, and very pretty.