So, this weekend was a little slice of amazing. In which I:
1. had a Passover Seder in a hotel room with my family -- and it was fabulous, by the way, and I have leftovers right now in my dorm room, and the hotel room smelled like shank bone the whole time we were there, after which we
2. watched Live Free or Die Hard, which was ridiculously awesome, and -- yes -- did have the world's best car chase in it. And also Justin Long, with whom I am more than a little in love (my parents call him, mysteriously, "your boyfriend that nerd kid from Galaxy Quest." Why Alan Rickman, who is also in Galaxy Quest, didn't live in their memory this way I will never know.) Then the next day we
3. went to Wicked. Two subpoints on this one:
a) Where is the femslash? I want the good stuff! I will review this play for you in comments if you'd like, but do not want to clutter an uncut post.
b) Distressingly, I have a crush on the Wizard.
4. saw the New Pornographers and Okkervil River.
a) Okkervil River: I am the only person who thinks that this is what the Decemberists look like to people who do not love them, but honestly, A Stone eta: here
is like really early Colin, and I wish the musicianship all round was a little tighter and also that Will Sheff did not feel so sorry for himself. But I think a lot of you, especially those of you who are bandslash folks, will enjoy this band if you do not already! If anyone has good covers of their songs, I would also enjoy hearing them, because I like
"Ends With a Fall" and "A Stone" and that one about Marie and even "Westfall" but I cannot listen to Will Sheff too much.
b) THE NEW PORNOGRAPHERS DO NOT NEED DAN BEJAR OR NEKO CASE TO ROCK. Patter-free concert. Very efficient
rocking. I went with an a cappella groupmate; we do Bleeding Heart Show, so when they performed it we jumped up and down and harmonized the shit out of that song. So much fun.
5. Saw the first two eps of season four of Who, both of which I enjoyed, ridiculous and Rusty-problematic though they were. Am not looking forward to ep three from the reviews I've seen but am really, really fond of Donna. Really really
Tonight I have to:
1. write a whole paper.